Sweet mother do I love egg salad sandwiches. But I don’t eat eggs anymore….how is a girl to handle it?!
The Tofu Salad Sandwich.
It’s even easier (like WAY easier) than making egg salad ever was. You don’t have to boil a bunch of eggs and hope you don’t mess it up or worry about peeling them without taking chunks out of the egg — that was me every.single.time.
I was inspired by a trip to Roots Market in Maryland when I had one for the first time. It tasted JUST LIKE AN EGG SALAD SANDWICH and I was hooked.
This recipe is so easy, you’ll be making it all the time.
For yourself…..and maybe no one else. It’s THAT good.
- 1 package extra firm organic tofu, drained and squeezed
- 2 heaping TBSPs just mayo (or fav vegan mayonnaise)
- 1 diced dill pickle
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Little chipotle powder
- Drain your tofu by placing it on a plate covered with paper towels. Place paper towels on top of it and more plates/heavy books. Press down slowly. Viola!
- Dice your pickle
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl
- Add in herbs and spices to taste (you can't go wrong here)
- Top onto your favorite sandwich bread, in a wrap, or use as a side dish