You guys. This vegan cheese sauce. It’s the best.
I say that because I’ve tried them all and I’ve spent countless evenings doctoring up a recipe that combines everything amazing I’ve found on the inter webs. This vegan cheese sauce is perfect in pasta, poured over mashed potatoes, topped onto pizza, lovingly spooned onto nachos, drizzled over chili, or licked right off the spoon itself.
Not only that but it’s oil free which practically makes it a miracle sauce. HALLILLURR!
- 1 cauliflower head, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, pealed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Remove stem and chop cauliflower head into pieces, big enough to easily scoop out with a spoon
- Heat a pot of water over med/high heat and add in cauliflower and carrots
- Bring to a boil and then turn down heat slightly so pot doesn't overflow
- Let carrots and cauliflower cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes
- Drained veggies and place in blender
- Add in water and remaining wet ingredients, blend until smooth
- Add in remaining dry ingredients and blend
- Use a wooden spoon in between to push any dry ingredients down into mixture
- Blend until everything is well incorporated
- Top on your favorite dish, stir into pasta, lick off the spoon!!
- For an extra amazing mac n cheeze experience, add to your favorite pasta. Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking dish with parchment paper, pour in pasta mixture and then top with breadcrumbs and veggie parm. Bake for 10 minutes or until top browns.